Due to the popularity of Episode 68 – X-Ray Vision, we’ve decided to extend our radiology series and focus on computerized tomography (CT) scans. Head CT scans, specifically, are often viewed by emergency and transport clinicians when patients require tertiary neurovascular services. Tune in to another visually-guided episode as we discuss this extremely important topic, providing ways to easily interpret the various forms of intracranial hemorrhages with some additional findings that you may encounter.
2. Intraparenchymal/Cerebellar Hemorrhage
3. Bilateral Subdural Hemorrhages
4. Epidural Hemorrhage
5. Intraventricular Hemorrhage/Intracerebral Hemorrhage/Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
6. Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (‘Chicken in the Road’ or ‘Starfish’)
7. Subdural Hemorrhage w/Midline Shift
8. Diffuse Axonal Injury (DAI)
9. Main Cerebral Artery (MCA) Infarction
10. Depressed Skull Fx w/Extradural Hematoma (Axial Bone Window)
11. External Ventricular Drain (EVD)
Special thanks to Radiopaedia for providing the featured images.